London in Prague
Mobility to attend meetings on 24/07/2015 – 25/07/2015
Thames Festival Trust learners: Anna Coombes, Alex James, Athanassia Williamson travelled to Prague to meet with River//Cities representations Pavel Zelinka (United Islands, Prague International Music Festival).
- Visited festival sites and discussed logistics relating to different festival site locations
- Visited festival facilities
- Understood issues of funding for small arts festivals
- Discussed international outreach and collaboration
- Discussed the issues in cost of booking larger music acts to perform resulting in unsustainable costs and a loss of the festival’s unique identity. Gained a valuable insight into the importance of retaining that unique identity, through having free events and hosting upcoming artists.
- Learned about how the festival responded to sponsorship dropouts and alternative fundraising methods such as public funding.